search widget

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

The Search widget built into WordPress now seems to only search in posts, not pages. It used to search everywhere. I haven’t noticed any options for where it should search. What am I missing ………

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Correction! I think that it’s just showing one page of search results. Posts show up first so results for popular words in pages (eg God, Jesus) don’t get shown.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hmmm…I think you know more than I do, Ann! Is this just the search widget, or also the search built into the nav bar? If it’s not doing what you want it to do, it might be worth having a search (I know, please forgive me!!) for a plugin that could help….Sorry I couldn’t be more help. Perhaps someone else can…?

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s both the search widget and the one built into the nav bar. They both do the job, but only show one page of results, posts first. So as we get more and more posts, results on pages just won’t show up. Haven’t found anywhere where we can state how many results we want to see. Have to see if a there’s a plug in which will handle the results differently.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hi – I think it might be restricting the number of search results to the same as the number of posts on a page (10 in our case) – but without giving the option to go to pages 2,3 etc.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.