Recent Posts

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

I have a way round this, but I’m probably missing something. I have Recent Posts in a footer widget. I want to restrict what shows up there, especially I am going to have quite a few posts for post grids which I don’t really want to appear in Recent Posts. The visibility option using categories doesn’t seem to work in a footer. Changing posts from publised to draft takes them out of Recent Posts but then the post grids don’t work! The only thing I’ve come up with is changing the published date to a year ago on items I don’t what to appear.. I’m sure I’m missing something!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

The built in recent posts widget is designed to show recent posts and that is precisely what it will do. The visibility option affects where the whole widget will be displayed, not what will be displayed within it. You could use the Theme Blvd Mini Post List, that does allow you to restrict which categories are displayed.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Yep, I’d go with using a different widget as Andy suggests. Another one you could try is the ‘Theme Blvd News Scroller’. I don’t think you have it installed but it’s very good – you can just search for it in the plugin library. It’s designed to scroll, though you have lots of control over it and can ask it not to scroll – as well as to select categories – you can even specify what height it should be!
    But your work-round of messing with the dates is probably the way I’d suggest to make the ‘recent posts’ do something like what you’re wanting it to do.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Thanks both – I’ll try different widgets and plugins.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.