Logging in to dashboard

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

I’ve only just finished the course and already hit my first problem! I can no longer login to my dashboard.. Whether I try to go to http://northfylde.urc.org.uk/ichurch or http://northfylde.urc.org.uk I get the same message “Maintenance Mode”. I had assumed that even with maintenance mode set I would still be able to access the dashboard to actually do the maintenance!
    If you remember I used a different maintenance plugin to everybody else and I wonder if I made a bad choice. Could you get undo the damage and let me back into my dashboard.
    Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

This is indeed an interesting problem. On that maintenance splash screen there is an option to login in the bottom right corner, this is the way to bypass the maintenance screen. However, there is a plugin that alters the url of the login pages from the default. This means that this bypass does not function. I’m afraid that I can’t solve this one for you myself. I think it will require the use of ftp (not covered on the level 1 course). Unless you are comfortable in the use of ftp I think we might need Rebecca or Lawrence to help out since they have ftp access to your site.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

On the subject of whether you made a bad choice: I’m not sure. It depends on whether it can be adjusted to take into account the fact that your site doesn’t use the default login page.

Andy

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

Sorry you’ve had this problem – must be very frustrating! Andy’s spot on in what’s wrong. I’ll have a go at deleting the maintenance mode plugin by ftp, see where that leaves us. Will update here once I know!! Good to have you onboard here, by the way – hope you’re still keen!

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Right – done – all sorted. I can get in to your site now via the /ichurch page.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Thanks, Rebecca , good to be able to access my site again.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Glad to see you are back on your site. Looks like you’ve made a fantastic start with iChurch, will be interested to see how your site develops. 🙂

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Am having difficulty accessing the dashboard again. Every time I try to log in I get the message “Fatal error: Cannot redeclare check_password_reset_key() (previously declared in /home/northfyl/public_html/wp-includes/user.php:1603) in /home/northfyl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/rename-wp-login/wp-login.php on line 297”. My site is in maintenance mode. Can you help please?

Thanks
    Neil

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Looks like the problem that Rebecca mentioned earlier related to the order in which one plugin and the whole system are updated in. Have you recently updated WordPress?

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hi Sandgroaner – yes, I’m sorry, that was the plugin. And yes, AwkwardSquad, you were right, it was the WP upgrade that caused the outbreak, I should think.

I’ve now deleted the plugin for your site, Sandgroaner – I’m in the process of going round removing them from all the sites anyway, as we are now being hosted on more secure servers, so we ought not to need that additional protection any longer.

Now, to log in to your site, you need to go to http://northfylde.urc.org.uk/wp-admin

Hope that’s all sorted – come back to us if not, though, please.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Thanks for that Rebecca its good to bed back!

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Where’s that Facebook-style “like” button when I need one?

Thanks Neil!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.