iChurch + now used for Hamilton Website

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hi all,
    Bit the bullet and upgraded the site to use the iChurch + theme.
    Fairly easy as I had used the preview to sort out the way the title page would look.
    Only difficulty I had was that somehow the widgets for displaying the three columns of text at the bottom of my title page were all muddled.
    The material was there but not in the columns I expected them to be in. Took a little bit of effort to sort it out.
    Not sure if I really want to keep the links on the title page; but I previously had them on a sidebar, and I have decided to make all my pages full width.
    Constructive criticism appreciated.

Posted later in the evening.
    Just discovered that this theme adapts itself to display perfectly on a smart-phone. Each section is displayed perfectly one under the other – and scaled to fit. What a bonus. 😎 😎

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Oh yes, Derek, excellent! Well worth it. I’ll take the plunge eventually!

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

I’ve just (re)built another site on that template – want to take a look? It’s at http://www.fairtradeinoldham.org.uk – I’m quite proud of it! Lawrence built the original site on the iChurch 2 template, and to be honest it had stood the test of time and still looked fine, but they wanted updating to the new look, which I have done for them – but I thought it was a good opportunity to play with the iChurch+ template, and I reckon it’s worked out well. I love building sites 🙂

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

think there is a tryping errur – or was you using a spool chucker
    Ebenozer Congrefational
    Like the site though.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Ha ha well spotted, eagle-eyed Derek! I’ll go over and fix it now (in my defence, I was only tarting up the site, not putting the content in….!). Thanks for the proof-reading 🙂

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

I constantly make mistooks like that!
    Cannot wait until I can use the Akita Theme for my personal site – especially using ‘no-click’ for the drop down menus. Added a new gallery on Cumbernauld wildlife.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Great stuff Derek – don’t forget to let us know when you take the plunge!

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

I am waiting for Lawrence to let me know when I can use Akita from his download – he said that the licence conditions were changing sometime soon and I would be able to use Akita under the iChurch licence rather than go through the process of buying direct. Donation to Windermere naturally!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.