iChurch + front page.

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

I have played about and now have the front page more or less how I want it.
    Two minor niggles – can anyone help with this?
    I am happy with the ‘Do not forget to check the stop press’ sign but would like to change the background of that to match the background of the rest of the page. Cannot see how to do it.
    How do I remove the blank space below that – or if it cannot be removed – how can I change the colour to suit the rest of the page.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Hi Derek

Great to see you making use of the new theme and getting creative! I look forward to watching how things develop. Believe it or not, this area is the ‘main content area’! You currently have a widget in the Ads Above Content widget area, which is what is pulling the ‘Do not forget to check the stop press’ text. To get rid of it you can drag it out and the ad area will then disappear. However, with or without the ‘ad’, the area below it (main content area) will appear. You can change its colour from ‘light’ to ‘dark’ in Theme Options – Styles – Content Style; however it doesn’t match the texture/colour of your upper section – it gives you a black/dark grey – which might work well for your photos, possibly….? I think your options are probably to have a play around with different configurations – such as using this area for something useful – or with Firebug to find out how to edit it. If, for instance, you were to drag your slider & slogan down into the Primary Area rather than the Featured Above area, you could give it a dark background (in the same way I described above), and keep your columns in the Featured Below content area, so that you’d keep the different colour for there. Does that help at all?

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

will give that a try later today. Many thanks.
    Had to play about with colours quite a bit to make home page colourful and also readable. The darker surround really makes the pictures stand out.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Right – now I have a dark area which is better than the white area

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

🙂

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

That looks better – have tried to see if I can modify the Twitter feed to change it to the background colour. Cannot do it on the twitter gadget maker. Will try Firebug later as it haven’t got round to installing it on my desktop yet.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

I am thinking about revamping our website. I would like to be able to increase the number of items on the menu bar. I have noticed some sites have as many as eight options. How can I do this or is it a later version of iChurch? Or can I increase the page width to accommodate a wider menu bar?

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

When you make a page [usually with a header only and no page content] for you item for the menu bar. save it. Go to Appearance and menu. Click to add that item to your menu. Open that item in the menu with the arrow to the right – and put ‘no click’ into the CSS box. Save – and that item is not on your front page bar. You then add an items to that as sub-items as before. Note though that if your titles are too long the menu bar will wrap around to make a second bar.
    Hope that makes sense to you.

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Thanks Derek. I hope you are well. I didn’t explain myself very well but your reply made me think and I realise it is not a case of expanding the width of the menu bar but it is a case of shortening the titles!

Dan Morrell
    Keymaster

Keeping well thanks Carole. Retired a year ago – almost to the day. Keeping busy with photography http://www.revcorner.org.uk if you are bored at any time. My wife has started going to Windermere painting courses and I have even got her blogging.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.